October 2019 – September 2023
Lauren recently completed her undergraduate study in Plant Science at the University of Bristol and started this four-year PhD research project.
Cladosporium has recently become a serious problem in raspberry and its occurrence and severity appear to vary greatly among farms. Lauren will conduct research to investigate:
- Genetic relationship among Cladosporium spp. from different fruit crops and their species identities
- Cross infectivity among Cladosporium spp. from different crops
- Inoculum dynamics, focusing on contrasting farms in terms of management practices and historical issues with Cladosporium
- Infection conditions, including histology
- Controlling Cladosporium, focusing on biocontrol, UV and cool-chain management